Uncovering of the relics (1649) of St. Anna of Kashin (1337)
Commemorated on July 21, June 12, October 2
Holy Nobleborn Princess Anna of Kashinsk died on 2 October 1338. Her holy relics were uncovered on 21 July 1649. The solemn transfer of her relics from the wooden Uspenie-Dormition cathedral into the stone Resurrection church occurred on 12 June 1650. To the day of 12 June was appointed also the restoration of churchly veneration of Saint Anna.
The Holy Nobleborn
Princess Anna of Kashinsk, a daughter of the Rostov prince Dimitrii
Borisovich, in 1294 became the wife of the holy Greatprince Michael Yaroslavich
of Tver. (He was murdered by the Mongol-Tatars of the Horde in 1318, and Comm.
22 November). After the tormented death of her husband, Anna withdrew into the
Tversk Sophia monastery and accepted tonsure with the name Evphrosynia. Later,
she transferred to the Kashin Uspenie-Dormition monastery, and became a
schema-monastic with the name Anna. On 2 October 1368 she expired peacefully to
© 1996-2001 by translator Fr. S. Janos.